What is an effective marketing plan and how do you develop one?
Recent research by Business Link has established that there is a direct correlation between the success of a business and having a business plan.
Your marketing plan doesn’t need to be too detailed or complicated, it doesn’t need to contain jargon and it doesn’t need to be long, indeed, the most effective marketing plan should take up no more than one side of A4 paper.
Effective marketing plans are documented, generate actions and are communicated to everyone affected by them, they are dynamic and they are referred to often.
An effective marketing plan will answer some important questions including:
- How is the business performing currently?
- How do you want the business to perform?
- What is it that you offer that is of real value to your customers?
- Who is it that you offer that value to?
- How would they find you if they were looking for your products and services?
- How are you likely to reach them?
- How are you going to measure the effectiveness of your efforts?
If in the first instance, if you don’t know the answers to these questions, your best guess will do. You will quickly find that the more time you invest in understanding the answers to these types of questions, the more control you will have of your business and the more effective your marketing will be.
Watch this space for more ideas on how to develop an effective marketing plan, and an example of an effective marketing plan.
To find out how you would benefit from an effective marketing plan call The Effective Marketing Company now on 01273 921130 for a free consultation.